It’s been a number of months since I’ve posted here. Not many of them very pleasant. Covid19 has cast a shadow over nearly every aspect of life. I find myself spending way too much time reading the news about it, following the political fights over it, being more in solitude because of it and wearing a mask everywhere I go now because of it. And yet I’ve had it easy. I haven’t gotten sick because of it or been hospitalized or died from it. I haven’t even lost my job because of it, as so many have. When you look at it from that perspective I have nothing to complain about or feel sorry for myself.
I have tried to keep busy, juggling several projects at once. Now finally I’ve finished three I was doing for MacRorie and TBA. I’ve turned over the gerbers and firmware and BOM for three projects just this past week. He’ll have pictures and more info on his website in the next month or so.
- Atari 1030 – incorporates Mytek’s power supply circuit for the 1088XLD, my XF551 based circuitry modified to support both 3.5″ standard and NEC slim line floppy drives with front panel drive id switching, reset and OS selector with dual LED track display in a 1050 disk drive case.
- PBI2CF3 – a modified Mytek IDE2CF3 board that plugs into the 600/800XL PBI connector. On U1MB equipped 600/800XL you can use CF cards just like you can do on the 1088XEL/1088XLD computers.
- 130XE2CF3- a modified Mytek IDE2CF3 board that plugs into a U1MB equipped 130XE ECI/Cartridge port and allows you to use CF cards as large storage devices like you can do on the 1088XEL/1088XLD computers
I’m also working on two daughter boards for the new Atari clone 576NUC by Mytek. These new daughter boards will implement the new Fujinet circuit internally and adapt the SDrive Max circuit as a builtin. Currently I am waiting on the second set of proto boards to come in from the board house.
The work on the Super SIO2IO board has slowed as I work out both the Fujinet hardware implementation and an Arduino Mega based printer buffer that I intend to add. I still plan to have a functioning proto type by the end of the year. Yes it’s been delayed, but I am still working on it little by little.