I believe I nearly have the finished .stl files. I’m doing a final fit print now and into tomorrow morning. There will be two files, two parts, a bottom and a lid. It may not be the best solution, but I dare say a better one than in the buff as it is now. 🙂
My printer is behaving, but the Hatchbox filament is taking a little while to dial in. It wants to ooze a little more than the XYZ filament. So I backed down the temperate from 220C to 218C. I’m printing the lid now, so we’ll see how well it does. Also setup a skirt/brim to hopefully eliminate the wad of filament that wants to collect at the nozzle.
Print time is rather long for the bottom, a little over 4hrs, but I’m printing at medium speed/quality. The lid is supposed to take about 2hrs. I’ll do the bottom tomorrow morning. I don’t want to let the printer run over night. Too many times it’s run amok and after only 5 minutes of inattention I’ve found a ball of filament dancing with the extruder on the build plate.
Progress on the 3d files. First preliminary fit printing went well. Found some obvious errors in dimensions. Fixed them. Now I am ready to do a secondary fit printing. But…… the original filament cartridge that came with the printer is about out. I have 3rd party filament, so the next adventure is going to be dialing the printer into the new manufacture’s filament.
I am also going to be switching entirely to Simplify3D software. I’ve been using XYZ’s software, but the next batch of prints I want to attempt is going to require custom supports and that software just can’t handle it. I have a new SDX cartridge case that I want to see if it will 3d print. I maybe tempting fate…..
Today is a mismash of things. I partnered with mytekcontrols to bring to simi-mass market his creation TK-II Stereo Bundle. Essentially it is a PS/2 keyboard/Atari 8bit interface with the added feature of a stereo Pokey feature. With the price of Pokeys rising to new heights I decided not to include the necessary 2 Pokey chips, but otherwise the bundle is complete.
Also I am testing the 3D printer files for the Ralf David reimaged Eprom Burner board. Surprisingly the XYZ Printer Pro is behaving itself for now. There’s two files, one for the bottom and one for the top portion. I’ll be printing both today (I hope) for a preliminary fit test. The bottom should take about 5hrs. Not sure how much the top will take, hopefully a few hours less since it’s only about half a inch tall. Same size as the bottom, but not as tall.
I’m also doing some testing of smaller projects that have been sitting, waiting patiently on the side. Maybe I can finally get the XF551 track display project done, a 2364 2in1 adapter. and when the board order arrives a couple of other cartridge adapters for the 1200XL and 130XE. I’ll also be working on a software/hardware mod for the eprom burner project that I hope will allow moving the disk-based software to rom. We’ll see.
On the website arena, I will begin the process of upgrading and modernizing the website theme. It’ll go on behind the scenes until it’s ready to be activated. I’m shooting for Nov 1st. That’ll be the three year anniversary.
I doubt there’ll be any major projects the rest of the year. Refinements and small projects only.
I don’t normally post off topic, but Oklahoma just suffered it’s second massive earthquake in less than six years. ……well massive by Oklahoma standards. Preliminary 5.6.
I was on my workbench when a minor tremor began. I thought at first that my cat had headbutted my leg. He’s prone to do that when I’m ignoring him and I was. He weights at least 12 pounds, so yes he can make the chair shake when he does that. But the tremor continued and when I looked up he was in the doorway of the room, coming into the room, no where near my leg. Then the tremor got rougher and I began to hear things in the kitchen rattling. My magnifying lamp began to sway in time. My lcd monitor tipped forward and then back. Suddenly there was a sharp jolt, a rolling sensation and then a smaller jolt. My cat jumped, spun around and dug his claws in for a hasty retreat from the room. I knew then what it was.
In the rest of the house I could hear things shifting and falling. The trailer continued to rattle and quiver for a couple of minutes longer, but the main quake was over.
It’s been nearly two hours now. There seems to have been a couple of minor tremors since, but it maybe just my nerves. Reports are slowly coming in. Some damage in Pawnee, but so far no injuries. It appears that the epicenter was close to the town, just like the first one that hit very close to the city of Prague Ok in 2011.
No damage at my house, my cane fell down in the living room. Mostly jangled nerves seems to be the only real damage. Let’s hope it stays that way.
I’m thinking about changing my avatar. I used to think tornadoes were the norm. Now it’s getting to be earthquakes.